That phrase, Welcome to China, is a familiar utterance from just about everyone, everywhere. Be that an occasionally-encountered border cop trying to be friendly to you, or the random street vendor trying to “please” / “wow” you with a stuffed panda toy (most likely overpriced), you’ll hear it everywhere, but probably also at train stations in angst, as you’re confused by all those train numbers — causing you to miss your connection!
In these specialised guides, Welcome to China on Unhyped China takes you on a unique look at the country from one-of-a-kind perspectives. Learn all about China from the people who live there so when you’re off the plane at last, you’ll meet that phrase with a smile — and knowing you’d have learnt all about those surprises online.
- Condensed Chinese History
- The People, Language, and Religion
- Chinese Values Held Near and Dear
- Geography and the Weather
- Politics and Government
- Getting In and Around: Entry Documents and National Infrastructure
- Delicacies that Make Up Chinese Cuisine
- Schools and Universities
- Media and Telecommunications
- Residency and Citizenship
- Survival Chinese
- Mind the Gap
- Faux Pas to Avoid
These guides will be ready in full by the start of the Chinese New Year of the Sheep — by late February 2015.